I just had to say a few words regarding the BBAW nominations in my “Ode to Karen Moning week.” My Kiss Of The Highlander post will be up later today!
I think it was about three weeks ago or so that I saw a post about the BBAW and after visiting its blog I linked it up on my sidebar as a reminder that I wanted to nominate blogs in all the categories of nominations. Nothing more, nothing less. So two weeks ago I spend about 30-45 minutes linking up blogs who I thought best suited for nominating in categories. How stunned I was to find an e-mail in my e-mail box this week saying I was nominated for Best Romance Blog. You had to see my face, I was stupefied and re-reading the mail like three times. Then I went smiling like the Cheshire cat, grinning like a fool, really I lighted up like a Christmas tree. I was already thinking on what blogposts to turn in for panel. But I am also very busy at the moment with preparations for upcoming birthday and curious what hubby has for a surprise. He said Saturday night was going to be him and me, alone. Okay :D So I was postponing it until today and tomorrow to e-mail the blogpost links.
With birthday coming up I also have my Karen Moning week at blog and I am so glad everyone is enjoying this. So as I prepared my blog for Circenn Bordie and my review I checked my e-mail and found more BBAW e-mails…it blew me away. Where…how…what…huh? And that is when it hit me; other peeps, whether it was one or a dozen, nominated me for these categories and I was a bit overwhelmed by the idea. When I opened my e-mail box today another two BBAW nomination e-mails where waiting for me and all I can say is that I am so silent…grateful but very quiet because not in a million years did I expect one nomination let alone seven. So I want to hug the daylights out of you all; thanks for accepting me in this blog community, thanks for befriending me, thanks for dropping by on occasion, thanks for enjoying my posts and whether I make it to round two or not I am overjoyed and more then a bit humbled by the nominations I received.
BBAW - Best Review Blogs: Blogs can only be shortlisted in one niche category, so try to choose the category you think best fits the blog.
· Best Romance Blog; – This blog is hot! And it reviews romance books in a way that keeps you coming back for more.
· Best General Review Blog; – This blog doesn’t specialize in any one book genre, but it’s still excellent. Their book reviews usually cause you to add one more book to the TBR pile.
I have to choose one of the above who fits my blog best, I can't enter both categories.
BBAW - Everything Else: There are so many different aspects to enjoy and reward in blogging. Nominate the blogs you love. Bloggers can be nominated for as many categories as they are deserving.
· Most Extravagant Giveaways; – You wonder how the blogger comes up with such fantastic giveaways! You want to win these giveaways, and you also wish you’d thought of these great giveaways for your own blog
· Most Eclectic Taste Blog; – This blog stands out because of its uniqueness - you never know what you’re going to get, but it’s always something surprising and new.
· Best Reviews; – Book reviews are the heart and soul of book blogging, and this blog is the cream of the crop - consistently well-written, entertaining and informative reviews are a staple on this blog.
· Best Writing; – It’s not just what they say, it’s how they say it. This blog is almost as enjoyable to read as the books (and anything else) it talks about.
Best New Blog: – This new blog seems to have appeared out of nowhere since September of 2008 and has jumped into the book blogging world with both feet. You love their posts and wonder how the book blogging world ever got along without them.
Now I have to select 5 blogpost for each nomination and this reviewer’s blog is getting reviewed by a panel *eek* Very weird feeling I can tell you that. It will be judged by a panel and then a selection among blogs is made for actual voting, if I have understood it correctly.