24 June 2012
Sunday's Brunch: Gurl weekend & Little Boy Lost
Last night, after we got home and settled in with a Smirnoff, cocktail or Baileys we proved to be a disaster…*achem* or perhaps it was just me *wink* Lucy, as a virgin erotic romance reader, got deflowered by Elizabeth Amber’s NICHOLAS. We’re talking double peen action and stuff. She opened the book on a certain page and the look on her face *priceless*. I also tweeted "I *pied* in my pants of laughing." Typo’s can get very hilarious in the company of a few wicked fun gals!! I can tell you that.
I had to include some interesting facts about laughing because I’m doing it so much with these ladies:
* Studies have pinpointed 18 different kinds of smiles. The most common is the smile of enjoyment.(We're enjoying our a$$es off alright!)
* 13 muscles are used to smile, but 47 are required for frowning. You have to smile nearly a quarter of a million times to make 1 wrinkle. (So good to know!)
* Laughter lowers the levels of cortisol in the body. Cortisol suppresses the immune system. Lowering these levels enhances the work of the immune system and may prevent disease.
* You can stimulate your heart and lungs, elevate your blood pressure and improve breathing capacity by laughing. (We have such big hearts and lung capacity!!)
* In terms of exercise, you can get the same benefits from laughing 100 times a day, as you can from 10 minutes of rowing. (We're in such shape then *woot*)
* 15 minutes of laughter equals the benefit of 2 hours sleep. (Really?! My bags under my eyes beg to differ)
* One good belly laugh burns off 3 1/2 calories. (Ponders: why aren't we model thin?)
* Laughing for 15 seconds adds 2 days to your life span. (We're immortal then with all the laughing we are doing!)
Right now it’s 8.38 AM and Natascha and I will prepare a brunch for a lazy Sunday.
Aside from the fact I’m having a ball this weekend again I wanted to tell you next week is going to be a special week here at LBR. A little over two years ago I fell head over heels in love with two boys and they’ve taken me on a roller coaster ride. I’ve met the author at an event and a vacation that was very special for me. When I knew the final story in her six book series had a set release date I wanted to do a feature on this series. I think my regular readers will know wich series and author I’m referring to since I’ve talked many times about the books in the past years *grin*
J.P. Barnaby with her Little Boy Lost series has a special place in my book loving heart. This is why I wanted to take you on a journey next week.
First of all J.P. Barnaby is kicking of this week long feature with a fantastic and in-depth view of her cast of characters.
On Tuesday I have a LBR True Story planned for you where I’m talking about where I was, what I was doing and how Brian and Jamie stepped in to my life.
On Wednesday I have a post about my reading experience of the Little Boy Lost series.
On Thursday I have a my favorite moments/dialogues quotes from the series.
On Friday I have a sekrit post planned *grin*
Aside from the fact I think J.P. Barnaby has a great tour set up with incredible topics there’s also a few prizes that has my eyes gleaming in *want*.
The Little Boy Lost blog tour continues June 25th – July 24th . Make sure to comment at each stop for more chances to win some really great prizes such as an entire series autographed to you by J. P. Barnaby. For additional entries – tweet about the tour including @JPBarnaby and #LittleBoyLost.
I contacted Dreamspinner Press and during my week long feature they have offered to sponsor the whole series in e-book format to one winner! I hope to see you all next week and have a great time talking Little Boy Lost with you all!!
Goodreads series info
J.P. Barnaby on the www:
website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter | Buy @ BookDepo